Monday, March 23, 2009

My Journey

I have always been a big girl  When I graduated from Jr. High School (Jr. High, not High) I was over 200 pounds.  I have always been a big beautiful girl.  The class clown, the flirt, the fat happy married one.  

Having fought High blood pressure for years, I continued to live life with no thought as to the consequences. Last year my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic.  Well no wonder, I had ballooned to 265 pounds.

Well enough was enough. Through my primary physician an numerous hoops my insurance made me jump through, I was finally approved for bariatric surgery. On September 29, 2008, I had surgery for an adjustable lap band.  Now as I approach the sixth month mark of my surgery, I have decided it is time to keep a written post of my ongoing journey.

I have had good times and really bad days as well. I hope by writing all this down and putting it out their for you to see, it will help me to be even more diligent in my ongoing efforts for a healthier happier lifestyle.

So as I approach my six-month date (on Sunday) I will let you in on some milestones.  
  •    Ed and I celebrated our 20th anniversary in January and I was below wedding weight.
  •    Down 65 pounds so far.
  •    One more size and I won't have to shop at the Avenue or Lane Bryant anymore
  •    I never had to take diabetes medications
  •    My doctor has reduced my HBP medications
  •    Life is good

So stay tuned while this M.A.P documents her ups and downs of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment